Donnerstag, 3. April 2014

Office Girl ... Reproduction Skirts



a fun poppy flower skirt ... luckily my boss loves it ... vintage blazer: found // top: h&m // skirt: hell bunny // vintage belt: came with a skirt // shoes: deichmann // 60s bag: flea market ...



a black skirt for looking more professional one in a while ... knit blazer: old h&m // knit top: thrifted mexx // skirt: rock steady clothing // belt: came with a skirt // shoes: deichman // bag: primark // vintage brooch: flea market ...

to full fill my office wardrobe i got myself a couple of reproduction skirts from top vintage online shop ... some of you might know, that i'm not the biggest fan of repro fashion for several reasons. so i was very excited to try out these skirts ...

the print of the 'red poppy' skirt from hell bunny is absolutely adorable and fits perfectly in my work wardrobe ... but i still struggle with the quality of the little stiff and easily wrinkling cotton. i hope it gets better after washing (and probably ironing for an hour). but hell bunny skirts are fairly priced, so i can go with a not perfect fabric. oh, size 's' is quite big around the waist! 
... my boss totally loved this skirt. so, thumbs up.

the simple black skirt from rock steady turned into one of my fav pieces for work. it fits perfectly, the material is comfortable and nice, it doesn't wrinkle ... and it's perfect to wear with and without a petticoat. i have lots of tops and blouses to combine with. so you will see this piece quite often during the work week ... for sure once in a while with a little 40s od 50s twist.
if i could get this one in blue i would buy it right away.
double thumbs up.

have a great end of the week - and an even better weekend!

13 Kommentare:

Betty Bow hat gesagt…

Auf den Hell Bunny Rock bin ich auch total scharf! Der muss irgendwann einfach noch in meinen Besitz wandern. :-)

withwonderandwhimsy hat gesagt…

So cute! The red flowers really pop against the black, and I just love the fitted pieces, especially that jacket! Your poses are so ladylike but still have a bit of sass!

<3 Liz
www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

Vix hat gesagt…

That printed skirt is fab, shame about the ironing! x

In the Ruins of Berlin hat gesagt…

repro brands in kombi mit vintage schätzchen sind ne gute sache, besonders fürs office - die sind dort bestimmt stolz auf ihren hübschen neuzugang ;-) xxx

Vivian de Violet hat gesagt…

Aww hell bunny skirt of my dreams! :)

Mid Century Girl hat gesagt…

I really like your black skirt! So perfect for work wear :) I recently bought the black flannel circle skirt from Vivien of Holloway to wear to work and I love it! I'm definitely buying more repro pieces for workwear.

Witchcrafted Life hat gesagt…

That poppy skirt is calling my name something fierce, too. I own two Hell Bunny pieces to date, one of which is a skirt, and I love them both to pieces. They're items are well made, comfortable, and fairly reasonably priced, which are my criteria for repro (and clothes in general, usually), so I really do hope to add this elegantly beautiful skirt to my closet one day.

♥ Jessica

Penny-Rose hat gesagt…

the skirts look amazing - they drape beautifully.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Nobody wants to iron, but that skirt is divine.

Melanie hat gesagt…

The poppy outfit is so beautiful!

Jennifer Rainey hat gesagt…

You look splendid in both of these outfits, and I'm glad your boss likes the poppy skirt because it is darling! I love Hell Bunny skirts, though you're right: they can sometimes take a little ironing. I just wore their blue sunflower skirt to the office earlier this week-- great minds think alike!

That brooch is very elegant, too. :) Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Jenny

Susan hat gesagt…

Der Hell Bunny Rock ist der Knaller! Wenn die Qualität/Preisleistung stimmt darfs durchaus Repro sein ;-)

Monika + Bente hat gesagt…

Du hast einen wunderbar gestalteten Blog mit tollen Kleidern, kannst sie super kombinieren, bist ein klasse Model und ich liebe inzwischen das Wohnzimmer und das Treppenhaus :-)
Liebe Grüße und einen schönen, spannenden Sonntag - Monika mit Bente